Died June 29, 2013.
Jim “The Dragon” Kelly, best known for his role with Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon and as the title character in Black Belt Jones, has passed away. His ex-wife confirmed his death in a Facebook post.
While his film career wasn’t extensive, Kelly was better known as a martial artist. If you have seen Enter the Dragon or Black Belt Jones, you know he was the real deal. At an imposing 6′ 2″ with a lanky frame, he was a force to be reckoned with. It is just a shame we didn’t get more memorable films with him.
Let’s all send good vibes to his family and friends and let them know he’s not forgotten.
- Enter the Dragon (1973)
- Black Belt Jones (1974)
- Three the Hard Way (1974)
- Hot Potato (1976)
- Black Samurai (1977)
- Afro Ninja (2009)
- Highway to Heaven- TV series (1985/1986)
- RIP Grandmaster Jim Kelly..One of the Martial Arts Iconic Figures Has Passed (hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- RIP Grandmaster Jim Kelly..One of the Martial Arts Iconic Figures Has Passed (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- In Memoriam: Ray Manzarek (bizzammovienews.com)
- In Memoriam: James Gandolfini (bizzammovienews.com)